Saturday, November 12, 2016

Exp & Drop Tweaks

The characters didn't seem to grow as fast as I'd've liked them to on the previous test, so I'm going to try doubling exp, with all other stats remaining equal.

Also, the way I handle drops is changing a bit.  Each floor equates to a piece of gear in each category (hat, armor, bracelet) that is "normal" for it to drop.  This grows linearly based on which floor you're on.  Difficulty levels each have different "spreads" around this value which indicate the pool of items that can randomly drop on a given floor for that difficulty.  I'm tightening the lower spread for the easy difficulty so it drops less garbage and more good stuff.  I'm also taking Overalls, Kung Fu Suit, and Midge Robe out of the drop pool entirely since you start with them.

The issue I saw last stream with orange bars coming up at the top of the screen on layer 3 should be fixed.  That was an issue with the placeholder event I use in each map's walk-on event to, if the floor music changes, inject a music change.  For no-change maps, this was triggering and creating that graphical glitch.  I use a different placeholder now that shouldn't do that.

The other issue I saw where Ruins tileset maps that should have started me on the roof were instead starting me on the ground right next to the exit has also been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment